If you're interested in having a table for your publishing project at the SPRINT MILANO ART BOOK FAIR 2023, taking place on November 25-26 at Spazio Maiocchi], please carefully read the following information and complete the submission form at the end.
SPRINT MILANO ART BOOK FAIR [SMABF] is a non-profit event that has been running since 2013. It welcomes individual artists with their self-published zines, informal collective or more structured publishing houses promoting a broad and open form of languages [drawing, graphic, typography, photography, writing] and formats [zines, magazines, books].
The salon is dedicated to original material and it is not open to bookstores or distributors except for direct invitation in specific cases only.
The deadline for applications is 1st August.
We will let you know if your application has been accepted with an email by September 15.
WHAT WE OFFER
– Open call and admission to SMABF free of charge.
– Tables provided with a small sign with the name of your publishing project.
– The fair opening hours to the public is from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday
[set up time for publishers on Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:00 am | pack up time on Sunday from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm].
– The fair space will be securely locked for the Saturday night, you can leave your material directly on your table.
– You will be provided with a wi-fi password.
– The fair is located in Porta Venezia, a convenient neighbourhood for public transportation and access to food and drinks.
WHAT WE REQUEST
– To enhance a here and now experience, we ask to the selected realities not to participate in other related events throughout November in the Lombardy region and on SPRINT days [24 November opening exhibition + 25–26 November Art Book Fair] in other related events in Italy.
– Exhibiting publishers are expected to be at the venue on Saturday 25 November from 10am to 11am to set up their table, and to attend it during the whole fair development [11am-9pm] except reasonable breaks.
– If you need to pack up and leave on Sunday 26 before the stated closing time of the fair [9pm] it is important that you let us know before.
– The standard size of the table is about 100 x 80 cm + a chair
– Behind the table only one person is allowed [rotating shifts with multiple referrers can be arranged]. There can be larger tables but it is at SPRINT's discretion to decide how to handle them.
– Since this is an event primarily focused on the paper format, we ask that you bring as little as possible apparel/tote bags [one model max].
– Publishers are asked to donate three items from their table - free of charge and chosen by SPRINT [these will be for SPRINT archive, volunteers donation, or to support the fundraising].
The chosen items won't exceed the 100€ value. Items with a sale price of 5€ or less will count as half an item. A member of SPRINT team will come by your table on the Saturday to select and collect the material.
Please remember that this event fosters a sense of community and inclusivity, and it is important that we uphold and respect these values. We kindly request all participants to embrace these principles of inclusiveness and community engagement throughout the event.